Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Baby Jane






We are so proud to announce the birth of our daughter Jane Iris Crews almost twenty-four hours ago. She was born at 9:54 last night at Providence Hospital via c-section. She weighed 8 lbs 14 oz and all the nurses and doctors immediately remarked how pretty she is. She has dark almost black hair like Michael's, blue-grey eyes, round cheeks, and a cute little prominent chin.

After the surgery, Michael accompanied her to the recovery room where he began bonding with her while I was sewn up. When I was wheeled in, I saw Michael talking to her while she gazed into his face calmly. She is gorgeous! I was exhausted and could barely keep my eyes open in addition to shivering and vomiting from the surgery, but after she had a quick sponge bath, I was able to hold her and breast feed for the first time. My mom Peggy and Michael's mom Brenda joined us in the recovery room, and then Michael's dad George joined us in our postpartum suite, where we have been trying to figure out how to take care of Jane since midnight last night!

I couldn't really move and fell asleep for two hours. Jane also slept from midnight-two but then woke up and Michael was amazing at attending to her throughout the night. From my bed, I listened to him soothing her, talking to her, and trying to figure out how to diaper and swaddle her. We called the nurse for help several times. I think we were all exhausted, but Jane had little intention of sleeping through the night on her first night in the world. I fed her again a few more times and Michael was amazing in his trial by fire as a new dad. She slept more during the day today as we continued to get a handle on some basic routines. Thankfully, my IVs and other wires were removed this morning and I have been able to move around more today. Right now, Michael is holding a sleeping Jane on his shoulder and they look completely at peace.

6 comments:

  1. Abolutely stunning. She has your face with Michael's expression. What a miracle that a little baby is a little bit of two people in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Denise and Michael! You guys are great parents! And I love her name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is soooooo beautiful!!!! And I love the name, classic and perfect. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Jane IS simply beautiful! What a little doll. Congratulations on your new daughter...and good work Mommy! A C-section isn't fun, but sometime it is needed. You'll recover and bounce back just fine! Enjoy getting to know your little baby & parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how foreign it all feels at first. A little scarey too. You will start to feel more confident with each day. As your body recovers you will feel more in control of things. Take this time to rest and relax when you can while you focus on bonding with baby Jane.

    So happy for you both! I couldn't have picture a more beautiful baby girl! She is loved and so are you!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete