Sunday, March 18, 2012

Due Date

So our due date has finally arrived, and there is no sign that baby is coming :) We can't believe the day is finally here. I am not having any contractions nor was I dilated or effaced (I think that is what they're checking for) at the doctor's on Wednesday. Apparently, it's normal, especially for a first baby, for her to arrive late, but our doctor thinks she's getting too big and estimated 9 lbs 2 oz from the ultrasound on Wednesday--although there is also a 2 lb margin of error for this estimate. I told her that big babies run in our families and we scheduled an induction for the latest date she would agree to, March 27. We are hoping she comes on her own before that!

After overcoming my fear of technology and finally uploading pictures onto the computer, I thought I would start posting on this blog.

Alternately, I get comments like "do you have twins in there?" and "you must have a while to go," so it must depend on what I am wearing. Last night, Michael and I went to Fuji Japanese Steakhouse and the lady next to us at the hibachi grill was shocked that I was due the next day. I was wearing my one maternity dress, which is black, so maybe it downplayed my belly. There were lots of kids in the restaurant, many of them playing on iPads, and it made us think about our future!

We have been on a "baby-moon wac-ation," which consists of staying in Waco and going out to eat--fun! It has been Spring Break this week and for most of it, Michael has been writing his dissertation prospectus and I have been cleaning, nesting, and grading.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...you are so close! I remember those last few meals out and movie watching moments with just the two of us. Your lives are about to be changed so much, and it is all for the better! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete