Monday, July 23, 2012

Janie has a Cousin!

Her very own girl cousin, her own age--a future pen pal named Annalisa Rose.  They both have old-fashioned feminine names and I picture them writing to each other like Jane and Cassandra Austen, on paper with ink pens.  

Annalisa is my sister's third beautiful baby.  Erin has been slowly laboring with her for a month, and Annalisa decided to show up very quickly last night--born less than an hour after they reached the hospital. Good job Erin--you're a champ!

Here's the little cutie--we love her already!  There are more pictures at www.groeberkids.blogspot.com

 


 

2 comments:

  1. How sweet is she?!

    Speaking of pen pals, I have a second cousin in Italy named Annalisa (oddly enough) to whom I wrote regularly when I was young. My grandpa had to translate the letters, but it was still super fun. :) Anyway, I love your vision of Jane and her cousin Annalisa corresponding the good ol' fashioned way in the future!

    Congrats to the Groeber family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not only love the idea of Jane and Annalisa being best friends and pen pals, but I especially love it that I am their grandmother! What a great year this has been. I can't wait to retire so I can spend more time with them both! It would be helpful if they lived a little closer together (hint, hint)

    ReplyDelete